{me} in a nutshell

Hickory, NC, United States
First I love GOD! He has me where he wants me in life and I am happy! I am a wife, to a wonderful man named Kevin. I am a mother of two healthy, beautiful, loving, make me smile *everyday* children! I am a photographer who also happens to have a full time job {on the side}. Being behind a camera is something that I found out that I truly enjoy about 6 years ago when my son started racing motorcycles.

My style of photography is fun! Fun for me to do, and fun for you to enjoy! I take pictures best in an atmosphere where you or your family are doing what you all do the best... being yourself! Whether it be at your home, my home, a park, or even if you are planning a hike in the mountains. You want memories? Let me help you remember them!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Goals....

OK...so I hardly ever just blog. And sometimes when I read other inspirational photographers blog, they sometimes just blog about this and that and everything in between...and I enjoy reading that (that sometimes can be just as inspirational). So I have decided that for the year of 2010, I will blog my own personal goals at the beginning of each month (however, I make NO promises it will be on the 1st of every month). When I first started my photography business, I had NO idea that it would have brought me this far. I did my first session with a friend of mine's little boy for his first birthday, and now he just turned 3. I have learned SO SO much since then, and I am so thankful for that. Granted, I have TONS more to learn and that may just very well be my favorite part of this. I am constantly learning new things and I know there is SO much more that it just excites me! I honestly didn't know what a manual setting on a camera was 2 years ago, much less how to use it....NOW, I am unsure I could shoot in ANYthing else! I owe everything to everyone who has giving me the opportunity to learn, and everyone who has pushed me to not stop (even though there has been several times that I have thought to myself...I can't do this). But the reality is, I CAN do this. A quote I saw not too long ago was a question. It asked, what would you do if you KNEW you would not fail? Well, I think, that everyone that has succeeded in their journeys of life have lived by this quote regardless if they had ever even heard it. I think of this question is a push button kind of like the staples "easy" button. As long as I KNOW I can do it, I WILL do it. End of story. Period. I also would like to thank all the photographers out there that are so inspirational. I am sure 100% (or more if possible) of them do not look at my blog, but I am thankful for them.

So FEBRUARY goals for me (and not all of them have anything to do with photography):

~Everyday, spend time with my family even if it is only 15 minutes to ONLY focus on them.
~Be more involved at Church.
~Blog at least once a week~even if I don't have an image to show ya.
~Look into another blog.
~Look into another image hosting company.
~Tell at least one person everyday why I am proud of them!
~Join PPNC.
~Join PPA.
~Put together some kind of contest.
~Enjoy a Valentine's dinner with my Valentine(s) :)!
~Get a pedicure from someone other than myself :/.
~Plan a summer vacation with my family.
~Brainstorm about ideas.
~Start my work out regimen again!!!!!!!!!!

One day down.....27 more to go! I am going to have a WONDERFUL month and I hope each and everyone of you do too!!!! Happy February y'all!!!!!

Hakuna Matata!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to be part of your blog. I have 1 pic that you took on Steve and my dresser. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to look at it. You captured his precious innocence and sweet spirit. Thanks for doing an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly,
    I will ALWAYS cherish that session....even though I already knew I loved photography, it started something for me that I could have never imagined! THANK YOU for believing in me. That small push might have been the biggest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Monica! I enjoyed reading your goals a while back to! You should do it again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete