{me} in a nutshell

Hickory, NC, United States
First I love GOD! He has me where he wants me in life and I am happy! I am a wife, to a wonderful man named Kevin. I am a mother of two healthy, beautiful, loving, make me smile *everyday* children! I am a photographer who also happens to have a full time job {on the side}. Being behind a camera is something that I found out that I truly enjoy about 6 years ago when my son started racing motorcycles.

My style of photography is fun! Fun for me to do, and fun for you to enjoy! I take pictures best in an atmosphere where you or your family are doing what you all do the best... being yourself! Whether it be at your home, my home, a park, or even if you are planning a hike in the mountains. You want memories? Let me help you remember them!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Love is all you need!

I was not going to post these, but Amy really wanted everyone to see for themselves how quick something can turn terribly wrong...so after she insisted, I agreed.

Amy and Ryan lost their home along with probably 97% of their belongings. It all started on a morning with a power outage, and lit candles. We ALL do it...the power goes out, you light candles so you can see. It only takes a matter of minutes. So a couple pointers that I know they would want to remind you of.

1~ Fire Extinguisher....you may have one, but do you know...really know...how to use it? If not, Click HERE to learn the P.A.S.S. instructions. Also, make sure that you have it inspected. If you have a fire extinguisher that has been sitting in the same spot for several years...chances are it may not work correctly.
2~ Even if your smoke detectors are wired into the electricity, the batteries can go dead!!!! Since Amy and Ryan's power was out, the smoke detectors did not work (or so everyone thinks because no one ever heard them) because the batteries that had been in there for quite some time...were dead! Even if they are wired into your electricity...CHANGE THE BATTERIES. Luckily, their CPI worked.

These were some flowers in the kitchen. The only thing that affected the kitchen was heat and smoke....but nothing was salvageable. The kitchen, just to put things in perspective, was on the opposite end of the house where the fire started.
This is a wine rack on the refrigerator. The wine bottle was unopened, but it was so hot in the kitchen that it shot the cork out, and you can see where the wine poured down.

This ceiling fan was in the living room. This room is also on the opposite end of the house from where the fire actually was. The heat just melted it.

This is the door to the basement. It probably was touched a little by the fire itself. The part folded down is the front of the door.

This is the hallway.
I had to throw this one in there. This is the master bathroom where it all started.
Amy is a camera collector...and this was a really cool old camera that was in the living room.


I took quite a few pictures of the inside, and I just wanted to share a few.

I do want to throw in one more thing. I am EXTREMELY proud of Amy and Ryan for their outlook on this. Amy and Ryan have both ALWAYS been wonderful people. These were just things...they are OK...everyone is OK...and they will replace the things. They have a huge amount of love in their hearts, and from a quote from Amy's sister's wedding...love is all you need...if you don't have love, you don't have anything.

1 comment:

  1. nice photos and articles. i like y our blog. i am Rudy from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete